Thursday 18 February 2010

ADG Roaring Red Customised











(click image to enlarge)


I received my first Blythe a couple of days ago. Wow, what they say about ADG's is true...All that glue! It was a real struggle to open her head and get her scalp off. I lost a bit of the flange, so I hope I won't have too much trouble gluing back in ( here the scalp is just placed on the head as I still need to change the pullstring and add sleepy eyes)
I am very happy with the way she looks!

When I ordered her I knew already in my mind what i wanted to do: a short curly bob and areal porcelain doll makeup look. I want her to look like a little Victorian.
I still need a name though. Something old fashioned. Right now I'm thinking Matilda, Esther, Josephine, Esme or Elsie....

What I did:

* Face Sand-matting
* Carved lips and nose
* New chalk makeup
* Painted bottom lashes
* Glossy lips
* Four new Coolcat eyechips, two custom by me.
* Hair cut
* New extra long eyelashes
* Boggled eyelids
* Superior Gaze correction
* Handmade dress


More pictures soon!

2 comments:

  1. Hi I stumbled across your blog looking about customizing a ashton drake blythe...I would love to see more pictures or any advice/tips you can offer I love to know. This will be my first....can't afford a real blythe but do love them so...wondering if I should first buy a knock of one like you did and customize...I'm obsess with these dolls lately and so want one...okay a few....take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and forgot to mention...your doll is GORGEOUS!!! you did a wonderful job on her!!!

    ReplyDelete